HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer (CE658A)
How to Enable Ad Hoc, modify settings, reset to factory default or assigning IP Fixe on HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer (CE658A) without access to Modem.
(HP1102W CE657A is a little bit different but should work)
1) Check your settings, to do that, press and hold Cancel button for printing one configuration page
2) We can see that there are there are some personal settings
3) We need to restore the printer to factory-set default settings
4) Press the Power button to turn off the product.
5) Press the Power button to turn on the product.
6) The product begins to initialize.
7) During init press and hold the Cancel button and the Wireless button for 10 seconds
…/… until 2 LED lights blink together, and then release both buttons.
LED lights blink alternatively until only green led is on.
The factory default settings are restored.
8) Press and hold cancel button for printing one new configuration page
9) You can see that your printer report shows IP Address to 0.0.0.0, same 0.0.0.0 for subnet, default gateway…
And the Direct Print is off.
10) Now go on one computer of your wireless domain (wired or wireless).
And launch full software from hp support
11) Follow this simple steps! (I cut a little bit the waiting time)
12) Now close all windows and come back to your Printer P1102W.
13) Press and hold cancel button for printing one new configuration page.
14) Note carrefully : IPv4, Subnet and Ip Default Gateway and come back on your computer
15) It should be 169.254.xxx.xxx, modify your network settings as following…
169.254.XXX.XXX+1, subnet and gateway as on your last printed page.
16) Open your browser and go to the http site of the IP printer address.
17) Once you are in the Printer Web-Interface,
Go to “Networking” and configure your wireless network and click
18) Configure back the TCP/IP Network Properties of your computer as origin.
19) Once it’s configured and working, you should be able to ping the printer with his new IP and configure it on all your posts.
20) That’s all folk!!!
Post time: May-20-2019